NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to any United States state, county and/or local law enforcement agencies located in the lower 48 states who have never owned a Lenco armored vehicle, or do not own a Lenco armored vehicle that is currently in service, as of the date of entry and as of the date of award notification. The Sweepstakes is void outside the United States, in AK, HI, U.S. territories, and where it is prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Lenco Industries, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, parents, and children regardless of where they are living), or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes as representatives of any United States county/local law enforcement agency. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: These Official Rules are a legally binding agreement by and between you and the Sponsor and govern your entry in the Sweepstakes. By participating, you agree to abide by and be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Lenco Industries, Inc., as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 1, 2022 at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“ET”) and ending on September 30, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (“ET”) (the “Promotional Period”). All online entries must be received by September 30, 2023 11:59 PM ET.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes can only be entered by a United States county/local law enforcement agency via an actively sworn law enforcement officer who is a member of the United States county/local law enforcement agency for which the entry is submitted. Entries must be submitted using the online form provided on Lenco’s website (www.lencoarmor.com). The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Lenco Industries, Inc. If multiple entries are received by multiple actively sworn law enforcement officers within the same department, the department will be entered into the Sweepstakes only once if agency is deemed eligible by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each agency is limited to one (1) entry only. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules all entries of your agency may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Lenco Industries, Inc. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth
in these Official Rules. All entries must be posted by the end of the Promotional Period to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor is not responsible for any entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors or otherwise.
5. Prize: One (1) winning law enforcement agency will receive one (1) Lenco BearCat G1 Stock #3708U including a one (1) year Limited Warranty (“Grand Prize”) having an approximate retail value of $129,000.00 USD (“ARV”). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. If Grand Prize is to be transported to the winning law enforcement agency or a location near said agency, shipping will be arranged by Sponsor. ARV of shipping will be determined at the time the Grand Prize winner is selected. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Sponsor does not make, nor is Sponsor in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, fees, applicable registration, license, title and insurance fees, and any expenses not listed herein related to the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Winning law enforcement agency will be responsible for all meals, transportation, lodging, extras and any other incidental costs or expenses not specifically stated herein as being included to attend the operator orientation/training and inspection/acceptance of Grand Prize at Sponsor’s factory in Pittsfield, MA. Alternately, a remote operator orientation/training and inspection/acceptance process may be utilized.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Lenco Industries, Inc. to use winner’s name, likeness, photo, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: There will be one (1) random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor held on or about October 2, 2023 in which one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. Winning law enforcement agency will be notified via the contact source on or about two (2) days following the winner selection. Winning law enforcement agency must respond to the award notification within ten (10) days. Except where prohibited, the potential winning law enforcement agency must sign and return to sponsor an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/publicity release and any other paperwork that may be required (collectively, the “Required Documents”) within thirty (30) days of award notification. Note: Tennessee agencies will not be required to submit a publicity release. Winning law enforcement agency shall have ninety (90) days from award notification to take possession of prize. Lenco Industries, Inc. shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to respond to the award notification within ten (10) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and Required Documents, or fails to take possession of prize within ninety (90) days from award notification, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes may also conditioned upon approval by state, county, or local governing board’s authorization to accept the prize.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Sweepstakes you understand that Lenco Industries, Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Lenco Industries, Inc., or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Lenco Industries Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Lenco Industries, Inc. may select the recipient from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the cancelation, termination, modification, or suspension action taken or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Notice of such action will be posted on Sponsor’s website.
Lenco Industries, Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes Official Rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Lenco Industries, Inc. reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to receive telephone and/or email communications, including marketing communications, or newsletters periodically from Lenco Industries, Inc. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by unsubscribing via emailing Lenco at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Lenco Industries, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the agency’s (including any or all members of such agency) acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses
(i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: The winning agency’s name will be posted online after confirmation is complete. Please visit www.lencoarmor.com to view Sweepstakes results.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Lenco Industries, Inc. d/b/a/ Lenco Armored Vehicles, 10 Betnr Industrial Drive, Pittsfield, MA 01201. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or concerns related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at: email@example.com.